Student Visa (NZ)
New Zealand is home to internationally respected and recognised tertiary education providers.
If you want to study in New Zealand you must meet specific rules and requirements to be eligible for a student visa. A student visa allows you to study in New Zealand for a fixed/limited period of time at a specified education provider as a full-time student.
If you are an international, full fee-paying student you may be granted a student visa for which you have paid course fees (up to a maximum of four years). You will also need to meet specific requirements to be eligible for a student visa. The course you intend to study must also meet the requirements of Immigration New Zealand.
What are the requirements?
- You must have an offer of place from a New Zealand education provider
- Confirmation of enrolment from the New Zealand education provider
- Confirmation from the New Zealand education provider that you have paid the course/programme tuition fees in full
- You must meet the health and character requirements
- You must prove to Immigration New Zealand that your intent in studying in the country is genuine
- You must provide evidence of funds which clearly demonstrate that you are able to meet your living costs during your stay in New Zealand
- Proof that you will leave New Zealand when you have completed your course of study, this includes providing evidence of how you will leave New Zealand
- You must have a passport valid for at least three months past the end of your intended stay